From:
"Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph N. Baer
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1993 05:28:42 -0500
Richard P. Boehme wrote:

> When I was a freshman in 1982-83, nobody really expected the team to be
> all that great (reason being was that the 1981-82 team was sub-.500 and
> that the team's star, Mike McPhee, was on his way to a pretty good NHL
> career.

While Mike McPhee was probably penciled in as the 'star" of the 1981-82
RPI team, he was injured most of the year and only played in six games.
He did not score a single goal.  If memory serves me correct, Marty
Dallman was the leading scorer for RPI that year.

>BTW, is he still with the Canadiens?

McPhee was traded to the North Stars for a draft choice after the
1991-92 season.  He went south this year with the rest of that team.

Ralph N. Baer  RPI '68, '70, '74