From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 1993 01:55:31 EST
at UNH 6, BC 1
  Wildcats could regain 3rd if UML went on to beat PC.
Merrimack 2, at Northeastern 1
  Warriors take sole possession of 6th and will probably finish 6th or 7th.

I don't have finals from the following games:
at Maine 6, BU 1
  This was late; we lost radio reception on our drive out of Boston.
  Thanks to Ryan for correcting me - with this win, Maine would clinch the
  HE regular season title.  After the 2nd, I heard the score as Maine 4-0
  and said that Parker was probably telling his team in the locker room,
  "We've got them right where we want them..." :-)
at UML 2 (or 3), PC 1
  Again, not a final.

The playoff situation, given the above two games finishing as expected, is:

1-2 Maine & BU; already determined in that order.
3-5 down to UNH (21 pts), UML (20) and PC (20); all three teams have 3
  games left.
6-8 down to Merrimack (14), BC (12) and NU (11); Merrimack and BC still
  have mathematical chances to finish higher than 6th but that requires
  wins over Maine.  MC & NU have 3 games left, BC 4.

Jocko Connolly, college writer for the Boston Herald, was my guest in
between periods tonight and he had a few comments on the UMass coaching
position.  He says the three favorites are Jay Leach, Joe Mallen, and Joe
Marsh, but that a decision probably won't be made until at least after the
East regional, and that before then, they plan to interview at least 3 more
unnamed candidates.  UMass has a new AD and he apparently does not wish to
rush the process, at least not until he has a chance to get more familiar
with the situation.
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors
(Any opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)    *HMN*