From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1993 19:26:09 EST
Dave Delchamps writes:
>        Apropos of the recent discussion of winning streaks: Dan Turgeon and
>I checked our _Cornell Hockey Record Book_s (thank you, Arthur Mintz) and,
>just as we suspected, the Big Red had their own 30-game winning streak;
>it included the famed 29-0 season along with the next season's first game.
>Does that count??  Have we got a "tie" on our hands?

Sort of.  Although Cornell's win over Western Ontario to open 1970-71 gave
them 30 straight wins, that is still two short of the all-time streak which
is 32, held by Dartmouth (1941-43).  Cornell is tied with RPI for the
"modern" record (1947-present) spanning >1 season, but RPI still holds the
modern and all-time records for consecutive wins in a single season (30).

BTW, after opening 70-71 with a win, Cornell lost the next game to RPI to
end the streak.  They lost the last game of 68-69 (NC$$ championship)
before going 29-0-0 in 69-70.
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors
(Any opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)    *HMN*