From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 1992 23:16:17 EST
The following advertisement appears on page A82 of the Boston Globe's
Help Wanted section, Sunday, November 1, 1992.  I'm posting it in its
entirety because we've talked a lot about UMass's bid to join Division I
and Hockey East, and this is the most official news I've heard on the
subject.  However, I would be interested to hear of anyone who finds out
about the position through hockey-l and applies for it. :-)

Give credit to Heather for spotting this one for us. :-)

UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS/AMHERST
HEAD COACH
MEN'S ICE HOCKEY
The Athletic Department at University of Massachusetts/Amherst is searching
for an Athletic Coach for the University's new Men's Ice Hockey Program.
This person will be responsible for the development of the Division I
Program.  It is anticipated that the Program will participate in the Hockey
East Association:

1992-93 - Recruiting and organization;
1993-94 - Team Organization.  Competitive schedule vs. intercollegiate
 junior varsity, and/or Division III programs;
1994-95 - Competitive schedule vs. Division II/III programs and one game
 vs. each Hockey East team;
1995-96 - It is anticipated that the Program will play a full Division I
 schedule in Hockey East.

The Ice Hockey Program will practice and compete in the new Mullins
Convocation Center which holds two Olympic-sized hockey rinks and has an
8300 seating capacity for ice hockey.

QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree from accredited institution required,
 Master's degree preferred.  Successful Ice Hockey coaching experience
 required as well as demonstrated ability to develop and administer a
 Division I program.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
APPLICATION AND APPOINTMENT PROCESS: To begin the application process,
 applicants should submit a letter of inquiry, a current resume, and a
 list of three current professional references with addresses and
 telephone numbers.  Applicant review will begin December 2, 1992 and
 close when a suitable applicant is chosen.  Letters of recommendation
 are useful in the screening process, but may be deferred if desired.
 Nominations are encouraged.

Application materials should be sent to:

Chairperson, Search Committee (Men's Ice Hockey)
Department of Athletics/Intramurals
University of Massachusetts/Amherst
Boyden Building
Amherst, MA 01003

The University of Massachusetts/Amherst is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer.
(end)
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors
(Any opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)    *HMN*