Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 13:45:13 -0800
Not to drag this out any longer... but Im getting unduly flamed here,
simply because I have not posted in quite sometime, so therefore I am
perceived as a "non-knowlegable" fan, which I resent.

I applaud FSNE for 'sticking their neck out' to carry all the
regional games, no doubt this was a difficult sale to Fox.

However, I am simply curious about how the decision was made to
prempt the BU-SLU game.  What would the repurcussions of breaking the
contract with the Celtics be, in this instance?  On one hand, you
might argue that they would jeopardize their ability to bid on the
Celtics games in the future (maybe not such a bad thing??!?!).  If
lost revenue were the issue, in the future, perhaps it is
justifiable.  But, if no serious repurcussions were evident, I have a
tough time believing someone at some level of responsibility at FSNE
couldn't make the decision to stay with a live event, regardless of
contractural obligations.

I guess the bottom line is, it's time to buy the dish.

Lance H.