From:
"Lethert, Patrick" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lethert, Patrick
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 09:44:19 -0600
Without getting to parochial, MSC has shown that when it is ready, it will
start dumping hockey coverage for basketball whenever possible.  The classic
was off of the schedule from the beginning of the year, one game (I think BC
although I forget) was not televised and another (UND) was tape delayed.  I
smelled this coming when college hockey (BC-Denver overtime game in NCAA)
was pre-empted two years ago to show the Gopher basketball team bus driving
from the airport to the arena.

Hopefully another outlet will get interested in the Gophers because as it
picks up more basketball, I see MSC only wanting to televise the Gopher
games against UND, Wisconsin, SCSU and UMD. The irony of that is that they
do such a great job with hockey...