From:
"Satow, Clay" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Satow, Clay
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 12:15:14 -0500
My understanding that this is a "delayed" call.  The ref should put his hand
in the air, and wave the call if the non-offending team gets control, or
blow the whistle if the next person to touch the puck in a player on the
offending team or the goalie.  But if your and Ed Moller's descriptions are
correct, either I misunderstand the rule too, or the ref blew the call,
because incidental contact doesn't constitute "control."

Clay

[. . .]