From:
"Edward N. Moller" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Edward N. Moller
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 11:14:40 -0500
Two years ago BU was cited for violating this protocol by being second on
the ice for the start of the game in a game versus BC at Walter Brown Arena.
The next time they played at Conte Forum, BC was penalized for being the
second team on the ice.

Last night to start the game at Harvard, BU was the first team on the ice,
actually preceding the officials.  The Crimson were third, yet no penalty
was called.

Jac Parker deservedly was ejected from Friday night's game at UNH.  Anytime
you come in physical contact with the officials you are gone.  The last time
I saw a coach ejected from a game was 4-5 years ago at Walter Brown Arena.
Wouldja believe it was the Wildcats' Dick Umile.  You could clearly read his
lips at the ref as he walked across the ice towards the BU exit, "You suck."

I can think of many reasons why BU would not accept a powerplay.  Giving the
Terriers a man advantage the last few years spoils their momentum.  ;-)

The goal by Ficek should have been disallowed.  We were screaming at Jim
Villandry for not blowing the whistle.  Shipulski's stick was clearly as
high as an elephant's eye while he was standing in the slot.  Villandry was
in the faceoff circle and was right on top of the play.  I did not see any
BU player touch the puck, but I don't think that should make a difference.
Whenever a player that close to the goaltender highsticks the puck, I have
always seen the ref blow the whistle immediately.  That call cost BU the
game.

Edward N. Moller
Controller
Mount Ida College