From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 09:45:34 -0500
Originally sent by Jamie Molitor <[log in to unmask]>
Forwarded to list by Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>

To respond to Thomas Rowe's post:

It does seem, in large to be Sauer's part. After the wonderful
underachievement that they accomplished last season they NEED to have a very
solid and productive season. Especially if Sauer hope's to stay at the helm
for the Badgers.

Though he cannnot take all the credit. It seems that this team has been able
to gel very quickly. Tom is correct in saying Wisconsin traditionally
finished strong...but honestly it seems they are almost at mid-season form
already. Melanson has been strong between the pipes and Dany Heatly has come
on a lot stronger than anyone could have imagined he would have I think.
That and Reinprecht, as captain, knows how to make the team click and play
hard.

I was at the St. Cloud/Wisconsin series this weekend (as I live, work, go to
school in SC) and they looked stout Friday night. The Huskies kept things
tight Friday night, but that squad has been so horrible that they knew they
had to do something. Saturday Bucky looked a little flat and the defense
left a bit to be desired. But that is to not take away from SC effort on
Saturday night. They knew it was a must win game and they played that way.
The Badgers were simply outplayed Saturday night.

Wisconsin is going to be better than was predicted in the preseason and I am
not going to be surprised if they are on top of things when the Final Five
rolls around.

But time will tell and we'll see then.

Jamie

--
Disclaimer -- Unless otherwise noted, all opinions expressed above are
              strictly those of:

Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86 and '95                                             DJF  5/27/94
LET'S GO RED!!                                                  JCF  12/2/97
"I'm addicted to placebos.  I'd give them up, but it wouldn't make any
 difference."
-- Steven Wright