From:
Eric Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 18:39:31 -0600
> The better question, right now, is WILL the CHA (or the MAAC) get an
> at-large bid?  However, let's see what the PWR and RPI figures look like
in
> January/February before we start THAT thread again.  But Niagara would be
> the best out of the bunch.
>
> But to you're original question -- just as much success as Clarkson
(OUCH!).

I guess I would put Niagria in with the top 5 schools in the ECAC or a HE,
and some of the other schools around the country I seen them play and I
would say they play a nice game, a defensive style type of team, grind it
out and come at you, no blazing speed but they are not going to give you
anything. I don't think they should be punished for being in a week
conference, I mean look at who they have beat the last few years.
UAHuntsville beat Mankato but as for the rest of the teams I don't think
they are much, and are not playing that great of hockey and one of the
reason for this is that a few of the teams are 1 or 2 years out of Division
two or three, maybe a out right at large bid is a little out of hand for
these teams but I say NU is going the right route...