From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne T. Smith
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 14:10:46 -0500
> >Can someone please tell me the list admin's e-mail address?
>
> That's really easy.  No matter who it is at any given time, this will reach
> him/her:

                                                   No, that is not correct.

The owner/administrator of a list may be reached at

            listname-request@hostname

or [log in to unmask] in the case of hockey-l.

The "owner-listname@hostname" is the address where mail delivery bounces
go.  It will often be filtered in software and never read by a human.
That's certainly the case for the college hockey lists.

So, please feel free to write to [log in to unmask] or
[log in to unmask] (the special list for discussing the management of the
college hockey lists) at any time.  I'm your list host ([log in to unmask])
and will receive the hockey-l-request mail.  Your list content
administrator is Tom Rowe ([log in to unmask]).

Tom is in the interesting position of trying to let people speak their
minds, while supporting the notion that personal (or general) attacks are
unwelcome on the college hockey lists.

You might also want to know that Tom reads Hockey-L and responds privately
to issues he sees.  It may look like a wild party, yet there is regulation
in place as Tom deems it necessary.  Tom has corresponded a number of
people in this most recent debate.

I support and have encouraged Tom in this management style of off-list
administration whenever possible, and know he (as well as our other
administrators) has done a wonderful, yet unheralded, job over many years.

Your comments are always welcome privately or on [log in to unmask]

cheers, wayne

Wayne T. Smith                             mailto:[log in to unmask]
Systems Group - UNET                 University of Maine System
Co-owner of the College Hockey mailing lists