Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 11:36:04 -0700
At 10:45 AM 11/5/99 -0500, Joe Makowiec wrote:

>seats are $12.  What are other teams charging?

Now that DU opened Magness Arena, ticket prices have skyrocketed. Not that
I'm surprised at all, but given that Pioneer Hockey is not the hottest
ticket in town (nor even a lukewarm one, unless CC is playing), the prices
seem a bit high.

$12 to $25 (all the $25 are season tickets) may not be too bad in areas
where it serves as one of the more significant sources entertainment; but
in Denver I think it's running a bit steep. I don't mind paying $15 a pop
for my seats, but like most on this list I have more appreciation for
college hockey than the average ticket buyer in Denver.

Considering that you can buy tickets to the Nuggets (NBA), Rockies (MLB),
and Rapids (MLS) for less than the cheapest ticket to the Pioneers, it's no
surprise that opening night didn't sell out.

greenie

ps: student prices are $2 per game, $30 for season tickets.