From:
Craig Powers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Powers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 1999 23:43:39 -0500
From:                   "Dr. Tim Newman" <[log in to unmask]>

> What if Air Force faces UAH in the CHA playoffs - wouldn't that give them
> 20 games?  (UAH is Division I, and games against UAH should "count,"
> although UAH itself can't be selected to participate in the NCAA
> post-season extravaganza.)

As I understand it, the games that count toward the requirement of 20
are games against other tournament-eligible teams.  In CHA, Army, Air
Force, and Niagara are the teams that may be tournament eligible,
though it would appear as though that status is in doubt for Air Force.

I assume that Niagara will play enough games against other D1 opponents
that their own tournament eligibility is not endangered by Air Force?

--
 Craig Powers                   NU ChE class of '98
 [log in to unmask]       http://lynx.neu.edu/home/httpd/c/cpowers

"Good..bad....I'm the guy with the gun." -- "Ash" in *Army of Darkness*