Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 11:45:30 -0500
-- [ From: Kepler * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

Coaches' poll:

> >11. Princeton            35

OK, they did lose a ton: Halpern, Apps, Shirreffs, Bertoli.  (Rankin leaves
but Stathos is left -- they were equally nondescript in net.)  Nobody all
that interesting is left, and honestly I wouldn't pick them to finish over .
500.  I'm glad they got their one title, cuz it is sooooo over.

But.

Arguably the second-best team in the league last year, and the coaches pick
them *second-worst* now?  As in, worse than Dartmouth?  That's a little over
-the-top for me, especially since Cahoon, allowing for the hype, is a good
coach, whether or not he is just cooling his heels in Joisy waiting for Jack
Parker to retire.

That's the only ECAC pick that's potentially well out of bounds (figure 7th
or 8th, but not 11th).  Everything else is believable, in what is all-in-all
not the most thrilling-looking season as we start out.  Oh well, maybe we'll
see a dark horse put together a great year.

Nobody axed me, but:

Top shelf:

1.  Clarkson (best in conf. in every facet of the game.  36 points, min.)

Middle:  (nearly identical)

2.  Colgate
3.  SLU
4.  Cornell
5.  Harvard
6.  RPI

Bottom:

7.  UVM
8.  Princeton
9.  Brown
10.  Yale
11.  Dartmouth

And, everybody's favorites:

12.  Union (6 poins, max.  And yes that includes a 7-1 win at Lynah...)

--

*  Greg Berge