From:
Vicki Price <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 18:34:24 EST

You missed my point as well! Or you seem to take an exaggerated
view of it! No one mentioned armor, except you! I'm simply talking about
regulation of helmets and technological advancements in equipment safety.
Regardless, those things will happen because of an economical impact on
equipment manufacturers. They'll have to make gear better and lighter!

For someone to bring a kid up in the sport you have to realize that injury is
part of the game. But, knowing this doesn't have to mean that I should accept
unnecessary injuries that could be avoided by better rule enforcement or
wearing a half shield or such.

I think we're on two different wave lengths. When you talk about people not
wanting them (better equipment) it's not a choice like smoking or not smoking.
In college or youth levels, you must wear a helmet that is HECC approved. The
NHL, itself because of liability wants all the players to wear CSA approved
helmets. It's not like I'm talking about something that essentially isn't
already in place.

Ben, considering your young age you probably perceive me as an overprotective
Mother! Believe me if I were, I wouldn't have let my son play hockey at all!
(-: When you have a child yourself you will feel differently about it. Those
players, all of them, will no longer just be numbers. They're all your boys.
What happens to one could happen to all or any of them. If that's too
expressive for you and shows too much emotion, then you just haven't seen life
from the other side of a stroller! (-:

I do so wish that people would think about what I say, rather than picking me
apart for a misspelled word or exclamation points.
I've never scrutinized anyone on the list for expressiveness (when it wasn't
bashing) or a failure to capitalize a word! This in my opinion is just a way
to demean them. I too have opinions about how people come across in their
writing, but I don't go out of my way to insult anyone in that regard!

I doubt if I could make every one on this list happy with my phraseology! So
far, I've succeeded in drawing a lot of attention to a subject that seems to
grab every one the wrong way! And, you know what? That was my exact purpose.
No matter how I have couched my words, the message is clear, people don't want
to hear it! I've drawn almost 99 % opposition when I've posted on this
subject!

Vicki Price
violentcontact.net
Concussion Free Zone