Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 01:11:49 -0600
Lydia Thomas wrote:

> I agree Jason Blake of ND should have got a penalty but Brett should have
> recieved the flippin Oscar for his whining performance about his poor
> hand.....Come on he bitched and moaned for a good two mins and then he
> was back out on the ice no problems at all.....

I wouldn't necessarily jump to the conclusion that just because Abrahamson was
back on the ice, that he was all right.  With the injury bug the Gophers caught,
people have been playing with broken hands and dislocated fingers on a regular
basis.  This was absolutely a five-minute slash, not just a minor.  Even if
Abrahamson was not hurt, the play deserved some theatrics to try to get any call.

J. Michael Neal