From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 1992 13:20:06 EST
Bob Croce will not be back to work at the Albany-Times Union until Friday.

I'll have to wait until then to "straighten him out."

Please, continue your discussion of this matter if you wish. So far, I have
seen some very intelligent rebuttals. Mike Machnik's was right on the mark, of
course, as he has spent nearly as much time as me researching TCHCR. Jeff
Anbinder mentions 1 important point: you can go down simply because others
are going up. (This usually doesn't happen in the polls--you only go down
if you lose.) Chris (no last name) is right that you have to look back
*2 weeks* to find another Maine loss, adding to their demise.

I like Wayne Smith's remark VERY MUCH, because it points out the difference
between being A GOOD TEAM and begin RATED HIGH BY TCHCR. That what Mike M
was stressing with his *** comment ***.

And as Dave Smith said:
I just look at TCH[C]R right now as a general barometer of how teams are doing.

I will be sure to point out to Bob that "strength of conference" doesn't
exist per se, as Dave Delchamps re-stresses.

Finally, I will have to thank Bob C for stirring up plenty of intelligent
discussions!! (But he could have done it in a better way.) That is my main
purpose. I do not relish the ECAC or Army bashing that some people may think
I have been doing, but I must report the cold, hard facts.

Oh yea, I find the surge of support for TCHCR very heart-warming. Now, if some
of you guys/gals would just be here in BG to protect me from those mean RPI
players! (^;  [IT IS A JOKE--SEE THE SMILEY?]

Keith