From:
"(No Name)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 31 Dec 1996 13:23:58 -0400
Okay,  again something I can comment on.

When I played I loved to get a hold of these charts after the game, because
they mark the shots that went in, and analyze how I did that night.  I
could determine the "red zone" chances vs. the far-out shots to see if I
played well or not.

I really enjoyed comparing my team to the other. Who had more high quality
shots to stop? How many shots were blocked? How many goals did I let in
that I shouldn't have?

The charts allowed me to better myself and also gave the coach an exact
blueprint as to what his defense needs to work on. Wouldn't you love to see
a shot chart between the Detroit Red Wings and the Edmonton Oilers. A sound
solid defense like Detroit giving up 20-25 shots a game versus Edmonton's
defense giving up 30-35 shots a game.

Of course being a goalie we have our own methods to determine who is the
better goalie. The number of goals wins the game, but the goalie's know
who's better.

Craig Lisko
Ferris State Bulldogs 1990-1994