From:
Arthur Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 1996 06:48:05 -0600
There is a way to ensure national coverage of playoff games without
giving them exclusively to local TV.  This is, for example, how ESPN
carries major league baseball on Wednesday nights.  They have the
national rights, but the local carrier (cable only) can carry the local
team's games.  This is why my satellite dish provider must block out all
major league games on Wednesday to me other than the ESPN games (although
I get both the primary game and backup to choose from).

In this way people like John can get that first TV experience of a major
game, but people outside of the areas where college hockey is generally
available still get to see the games.

Arthur Berman [log in to unmask]
GO BU!!! GO ICE!!!