From:
Scott Monaghan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 1996 13:49:13 -0500
Obviously, Lake State would have preferred to stay at Munn Arena. No slight
intended here, we had one of our best time in the Knick (1992).  However,
Munn would be better.  It's more accessible to our fans in the Soo and
downstate.  We will not carry a large crowd to Albany.  It's simply too far;
it's one week after the Laker faithful plowed their way to JLA;  and our game
is on Friday (now you're missing two work days). We are also playing one of
the hottest teams in college hockey (sorry, Coach Mancini).  And we could
have used an extra day of rest (re: Friday game). And we have to leave at 6
a.m.  on Thursday.  Wah-wah-wah. So what?

We made the field. We won the CCHA Regular Season Championship (sorry John H
and Jeff W, only one name on the trophy). And we lost a great game to the
Wolverines on Saturday. Congrats to them on the CCHA Playoff
Championship.

Let's have a little perspective here for the folks over-analyzing
the seedings and placement.  Be happy you got in the tournament and enjoy
it. I'm no great fan of the Kansas people,  but lay off the four guys
making the selections.  It's not rocket science,  but unless the four
conferences and indys join up into one big league:  "you ain't got no
easy solution".

The tournament is a great time,  whether you are there with your
team,  or there for a good time at something like the (unpaid
promotional announcement) Barkan Bash at the Hyatt Regency in Cincinnati
next weekend.  I'll be there with or without the Lakers.

Have Fun!

Scott Monaghan
Assistant Athletic Director
Lake Superior State University