From:
"J.C. Long" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
J.C. Long
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 1996 10:22:10 -0600
Amateur Hockey in the Philly area is indeed a hot topic.  I played in the
Delaware Valley Hockey League in high school... and I was from D.C.

There are a lot of teams scattered all over the NJ MD PA DE area.  I
think that even a team less successful than the Flyers would have been a
hit in this region.

I gotta believe the AHL team will have a strong fan base.

-Chris Long        U of Missouri
http://www.missouri.edu/~C571431
check out my weekly sports column at http://www.taponline.com/sports
or my college basketball column at http://www.taponline.com/csports