From:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 1994 14:42:41 -0500
Hey I guess I gotta blow my own horn here!  I have 3 kids, Robert age 9
Paul age 6 and sarah 19 months.  Robert and Paul have only missed 4 days of
school this year.  2 days back in dec when we traveled to LSSU and 2 weeks ago
when we travelled to Milwaulkee for the WCHA final 5. These guys get straight
A's in school, do their homework on the way down and back that they will miss,
and I even make them do extra just to make sure they don't miss anything! ;-)

Robert was at his first hockey game when he was 6 months old.  Paul was at his
first game at 6 days old! (a fan behind me told me once as I knocked down an
incoming puck, "I can tell Your daddy, I wasn't even moving yet and you was
knocking that puck down!") ;-)  and Sarah went to her first game at 1 month old.

I have a picture of me from the newspaper that carol and erik have seen, of me
at lakeview arena holding Sarah at 7 weeks old. ;-)

Robert sounds a lot like Ryan.  his eyes are on everything. In Milwaulkee he
took a notebook and for all 5 games, he kept track of goals, shots, penalties
assists.  His notebook was full of facts, standings etc.  He even got the
latest RPRICH  from erik everyday, and when ever I started talking playoffs with
another fan, he would dig out the RPRICH and show them  why certain teams were
going and certain teams would stay home.  We had a blast in Milwaulkee.

Sarah was the hit of the Final Five, getting everyone to walk her around.
Sarah will be with us in St Paul for you all to meet! Since I was only able
to get 2 tickets at the time, Robert and Paul will stay with friends, but robert
said he'll watch and keep notes again.  I should let him post his results!
;-)

We always get people asking us   "Your taking all your kids?"   sure why not?
They love to go and we love taking them.

The boys are also involved with the players, they attend every skate with the
 huskies, but get annoyed when the players pay more attention to Sarah then
 them!
(all I can tell um is sorry guys the little lady outcharms you again!) ;-)

I started going to hockey games in 1977 when I first came up here, and even then
I would never go alone. I always took the neighbor kids with.  One of them
I tought how to read and do numbers by watching the score board!  Kids are
great, they want your attention, and I love to give it to um! ;-)

Bob
see you all in St Paul!