From:
Matthew M Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew M Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 1994 10:08:07 -0600
I don't know if this counts for anything in Hobey voting but I met Chris
Marinucci a couple of weeks ago in a bar in Duluth.  He was watching a
couple of friends play pool.  Even though it was loud I went over to talk to
him briefly about his play over the last 4 years.  He was very pleasant and
thankful that someone realized that it was a 4 year journey to get where he
was.  (I think in his so. year he didn't score a goal until late January,
but he still was out there every shift, grinding the corners, never giving
up)

From the UMD media guide
Born Dec 29th, 1971 in Grand Rapids, Minnesota, USA
Rookie of the Year for UMD (90-91)
2nd largest one year scoring increase for UMD (58 pts) (91-92 to 92-93)
Went into this season with 111 consecutive appearances for the Bulldogs (all
of the possible games he could play except for 7 at the beginning of his
freshman year)

Year    GP      G       A       TP      P-PM    PP      SH      GW
90-91   36      6       10      16      10-20   2       0       0
91-92   37      6       13      19      19-41   2       0       1
92-93   40      35      42      77      26-52   15      4       9
93-94   ?       30?     30?     60?     ?       ?       ?       ?

He has always been a leader on the ice with a lunchpail attitude, showing up
and working hard.  His number from this year show that he raised his level
of play above those around him.  As I posted earlier, Chris had a hand in
approx 48% of UMD's goals.

On CC and St. Cloud St.

I think it's hard for the teams because each of them lost a bid to the
NCAA's because of 1 goal in overtime.  And to anyone that thinks CC choked
against Tech, let them realize that the last place team in the WCHA has a
Hobey candidate, and as anyone knows, a hot goalie can mean doom to any team.
(Ram faced over 130? shots in the 3 game series)

Matthew Evans
Minnesota '89
UMinnesota Duluth '92
UWisconsin Milwaukee '00