From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 1994 00:45:19 -0500
I think I'm in the minority here, but I think the regular season champion
should NOT be given an automatic bid. If a league wants to have its regular
season mean something, then do what the Big-10 and Pac-10 do for orange-ball.
Have no tournament and give the automatic bid to the season champion. If a
league wants to give its bid to a team that wins four or five games over a
two-week period rather than the team that wins the regular season, then
don't whine when the pennant winner doesn't make it.

Since the NC$$ has decided to reward playoff performance, I have NO sympathy
for Colorado College. That's right. Zero. None. Zilch. CC choked, pure and
simple. They should have beat Michigan Tech. If MTU was so good, they
wouldn't have finished last in the league. A team has to win the games that
they are supposed to win, especially at crunch time.

One other thing, why is it that only the ECAC actually eliminates teams?
Talk about a meaningless regular season. What good is the regular season if
any team can win the playoff title anyway? I hope that HE will eliminate one
team from the post-season next year, with Mass-Amherst there.

I'll save my love of seven-game series and my hate of one-game playoffs for
another post. :-)

See you later,
John

--
John C.K. Edwards         Stats Geek, Ottawa Jr. Senators (CJHL, Jr. A)
Poli Sci/Law III                  It must be the pretzels!