Sender:
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 91 17:05:26 EST
Question:  It is said that to be a Div. I school, one must have a certain
number of men's and women's sports at Div. I.  Also, non-Div. I schools
would forfeit any share of the tournament money.  This I understand.

Now, it is also said that all current Div. I schools must meet the new
requirements by Sept. 1994.  Does this mean that a small ECAC school
(like, oh, I don't know, CLARKSON, maybe?) with only ONE Div. I sport
would be required to downgrade their program?  Or that they woulg be allowed
to continue playing at Div. I, but forfeit all tournament money?

Perhaps I missed this in your summary, Bill, but I just got back from break
and have been catching up on my 269 new mail messages.  Clarkson's not
the only school with this problem:  most of the ECAC is.

Jeremy Hall
Clarkson University
"LET'S GO TECH!"