From:
Wendy Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 2020 16:47:11 -0400
Hello All

Im not sure if they have a venting system set up for us during all this.

I need to vent.  After the stress of closing last week, I've adjusted
OK.  Still don't care for all the out-of-control-ness of it all.

I feel it's nice to have the majority of my routine in place, still at
both my libraries, working in lockdown mode.  I actually enjoy having
the time to work on "those projects" It's frustrating to me to not
have enough time to work on them otherwise. Although I do miss my
patrons.

So what prompted me to write this today was I just had a phone call
from a patron, saying he had been to the library and noticed we were
closed.  He was asking if I could get a book for him. It's a book he
needed for his Health.  I was tempted to get the book to him. When I
told him I wasn't supposed to loan anything out, he understood. I
suggested he go on Amazon.  He had someone who could help him with
that.  We chatted a little bit, obviously we touched on the virus.  He
reported to me that Franklin County now has the first reported case of
the virus.

So honestly, Im not sure if Im upset that I couldn't help him because
of this, or to know that it's now in my county.

Thanks for listening.

Wendy @ Weld PL