From:
Charlie Shub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:51:39 -0600
no, greg.......
the correct protocol is to GO TO THE HOCKEY GAME and tape (or TIVO)
the baseball game.  And let me assure you that i won't spoil your fun
because it would be silly to post baseball scores on a hockey mailing
list.

Actually, last weekend, some misguided soul did have one of the tvs in
the press box at CC tuned to the baseball, so i guess a solution would
be to take a radio to the hockey game.
cdash

> Date:         Thu, 21 Oct 2004 19:41:46 -0400
> From: Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: non-hockey posting
>
> Thank you, thank you. And to think that some Sox fans were rooting for a
> Twins victory to make it easier. Haven't broken the World Series "curse"
> yet, but to win it on enemy turf, and shut the Yankee fans up as well, was
> nothing short of delicious. I still can't believe it.
>
> Dilemma - UNH has a game Saturday nite (vs. Mercyhurst), the Sox have the
> first game of the World Series. What should I do. Actually, I already know.
> Hockey at 7PM, watch the first period or so, then bolt for the nearest
> watering hole (actually my friend Andy's house) to watch the game.
>
> Do Hockey-Lers approve?
>
> Greg Ambrose
>
> > From: Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
> > Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 09:30:32 -0500
> > To: [log in to unmask]
> > Subject: non-hockey posting
> >
> > I know there are a lot of long-suffering Red Sox fans on HOCKEY-L who are very
> > happy today.  Hats off to you guys!
> >
> > -- Erik

 /"\    ASCII Ribbon    charlie shub
 \ /  Campaign Against  University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
  X    HTML in e-mail   [log in to unmask]           (719) 262-3492
 / \      and news      http://cs.uccs.edu/~cdash   (fax) 262-3369