From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 00:16:24 -0500
Last year, Cornell beat both St. Lawrence and Clarkson on the road to claim
their first North Country sweep in 15 seasons.  Apparently, the Big Red
liked how that felt, because Sunday night they edged Clarkson 3-2 to pull
off the sweep for the second year in a row.  This was Cornell's fifth
one-goal game in a row, and as was the case the night before, the issue was
decided on a score midway through the third period.  This time it was
Stephen Baby notching his second of the night (and his third point) on a
shot just inside the post.  The Cornell defense, after allowing the
somewhat unseemly total of 26 shots through the first two periods, gave up
just three in the third.  Todd Marr continues to shine in the Big Red net,
as he made 27 saves to pick up his second win.  Cornell moves to 12-3
overall and 7-1 in the ECAC.

Bill Fenwick                                                 DJF   5/27/94
Cornell '86 and '95                                          JCF   12/2/97
LET'S GO RED!!
My wife says I pay more attention to hockey than I do to our marriage, which
is of course ridiculous... after all, we've been together for 11 seasons...