From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 1997 13:32:34 -0400
In my never-ending effort to while away the time until hockey season starts, I
was looking in the _College Hockey Record Manual_ in the CCHA section, and I
noticed that, while Western Michigan did not join the CCHA until the 1975-76
season (at least according to the standings), they participated in the CCHA
tournament the previous two seasons... both times as the #4 seed (there were
only three teams in the CCHA in 73-74 and 74-75).

Any CCHA historians or long-time fans know how that happened?  Was Western
Michigan some sort of affiliate member, like Alaska-Fairbanks was a few years
ago?  Or were they "invited" to be the fourth seed?  It doesn't look like
Western Michigan was at the Division I level before 1975-76.

--
Disclaimer -- Unless otherwise noted, all opinions expressed above are
              strictly those of:

Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86 and '95
LET'S GO RED!!                                                  DJF  5/27/94
"What if there were no hypothetical situations?"
-- John Mendoza