MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"McKenney, Janet" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
McKenney, Janet
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 2020 15:06:11 +0000
Maine CDC Briefing today and Zoom recording

Good morning,
At today's Maine CDC briefing both Governor Mills and DECD Director, Heather Johnson will join Dr. Shah.  I expect some additional guidance that may impact decision-making on opening plans, timelines, etc.
The current Stay Healthy at Home order has an expiration date of April 30.  The State of Emergency Order is in effect until May 15.
The daily briefings are streamed online at the Maine CDC page- https://www.maine.gov/dhhs/mecdc/infectious-disease/epi/airborne/coronavirus.shtml and is also broadcast on television by major news networks in Maine.

A recording of the statewide Coronavirus Conversation Zoom meeting has been posted at the MSL's coronavirus page in the right hand column - https://www.maine.gov/msl/libs/services/Coronavirus.htm
Next week's meeting will be on April 28 at 3:15 pm. The link is also posted on the page and I will send a reminder and discussion topics next week.
Congress is voting on a new relief package and we will be watching for the approval.  If your nonprofit library missed out on the initial funding please be poised to apply for more in a timely manner.
Stay well everyone.
Janet

Janet McKenney
Director, Library Development