MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Melvin, Jenny J" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Melvin, Jenny J
Date:
Wed, 18 Mar 2020 18:47:08 +0000
Public Library Directors:
I hope this email finds you all in good health. I know that many of you have made the difficult decision to temporarily close your library to the public in response to the rapidly spreading Coronavirus (COVID-19). I would like to thank those libraries who have submitted their FY19 Public Library Annual Report and extend the deadline for any library who has not had the opportunity to submit it.

The new deadline to submit the Public Library Annual Report is April 30, 2020. We realize this is a time of rapid change and great uncertainty and we will therefore revisit the deadline as the end of April approaches.

For any of you still working in your buildings, I highly encourage you to make it a priority and take advantage of this excellent opportunity to finish and submit your FY19 Annual Report as soon as possible. This will help maintain the work process for data reporting and deadlines on the state and federal level. For all others, please follow the advice and guidance you have been given by your boards and town officials and please do not return to your buildings to work on the Annual Report if you feel you are at risk. Your health and well-being is important to us.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you have questions or concerns. In light of the current situation, I have shortened my office hours to Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

Take care,
Jenny

Jenny Melvin
State Data Coordinator