From:
Jeff Billman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Billman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 1994 08:43:19 +0100
>Look kids, this debate has been argued
>in academic circles for, in my memory (by no
>means complete) for 15 years.  It's not my fault
>that nobody told People Magazine until last
>Thursday.

Wow!  Nobody told me 'til last Friday! :-)  This topic, you may have
noticed, has been around long before last Thursday.  I'd like to think of
ourselves as more timely than People Magazine when it comes to college
hockey. (Good Lord, I hope so!)

>The war is over.  It's a complete non-issue (unless
>you like debating Rush Limbaugh or Andrea
>Dworkin, neither of whom are worth the effort.)

The war is NOT over, it's at a stalemate.  With regards to it being a
"non-issue", see below.

>No one cares about any impassioned opinions on
>the subject any more, period.

To paraphrase Susan Siegal, is this why my university spends so much money
on diversity forums and the like?  So long as PC is shoved down people's
throats, it will remain an issue, even if there's no solution.  This not to
say that PI is not a real problem, but it's been overhandled & overhyped.

>I hope this isn't a shock to anyone out there not
>currenctly in residence in a cave.

We, the National Congress of Enlightened Cave Dwellers, are offended by
that comment. :-)

>Now then, back to college hockey.

Sounds good.  Do you have any thoughts?  I'm fresh out, myself.

|Jeff Billman               |Signature Under Construction |
|Bowling Green State Univ.  |     CAUTION: WORK AREA      |
|Other info by request.     |   This Is A Hard Hat Area   |