From:
S Christopher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
S Christopher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1993 14:25:57 EST
> IN the Northern
> Michigan-Hahvahd ;)  game, I see the biggest mismatch of the preliminary
> round.  The true Cinderella team, No MIch., loses to a team ready to
> avenge their loss to Brown.  IN the third-place game of the ECAC
> tourney, Haravrd killed RPI's hopes.  Against No. Mich., Haravrd tears
> on, and I think they'll easily skate away with a victory.  This sets up
> a great game for the tournament, and a definite sell-out crowd.  You'll
> have Harvard playing Boston University in WOrcester, MA.  For
> convenience, Haravrd skates away with a victory, placing them in
> Milwaukee, against Maine.

I think this just might be the greatest mistake of all made by us
amateur prognosticators!  (And it sure makes great Wildcat team bulletin
board reading!) Anyway, Eduardo, just how many goals do you see the
Crimson winning by, since you see things this way?  :-)

You know folks, NMU did not suddenly come out of nowhere at the time of
the WCHA tournament.  They've played at a championship level for the
entire second half the regular season, as well as in the league
playoffs.  If they hadn't, the totally statistical approach taken to the
NC$$ seedings and invitations wouldn't have put them in the Big Dance,
no matter how well they happened to do in the WCHA playoffs.  If you've
checked the RPICH, etc., lately you'll see where the Wildcats have
gone--and remember that their rise through the statistical ranks has
occurred DESPITE being dragged back by their truly dismal performance in
the first ten games of the season.

 *  Steve Christopher, NMU  [log in to unmask]             * * * *    *
 *  NCAA Division I Hockey National Champions  1990-91   *   GO   *   *
 *  NCAA Division I Hockey Final Eight 1991-92           *        *
 *  WCHA League Champions 1990-91                        * 'CATS! *   *
 *  WCHA Playoff Champions 1988-89/1990-91/1991-92 . . .   * * * *    *