Date:
Thu, 28 May 1992 18:44:38 -0400
Concerning the possiblity that ECAC goalies tend to have lower GAAs
because they play a number of weaker teams, Dave Delchamps writes:

> some of (the ECAC goalies') save percentages
> also rank among the national leaders...

High save percentages could also be the result of playing for a team
much better than many of its opponents. The opponents would tend to
get fewer quality shots and, most importantly, fewer second and third
shots, the kind that really drive goalies' percentages down.

Don't get me wrong here, folks, I've always thought the ECAC bashers
were more than a few pucks short of a bucketful. But the way I
figure, if I can tarnish Parris Duffus' image enough, maybe the Blues
won't spirit him away some evening soon...

Greg
Boston
Let's Go Red!
Let's Go Mets!