From:
Adam Wodon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2017 11:27:52 -0500
Moderation doesn't have to necessarily wait to be approved .... You
could have each post be automatically posted, but a moderator could
later delete it if necessary.

But yes - I agree - do something like you suggested - an invited list
of people whose posts go up immediately (could still be removed by
moderator later if necessary).

And/or - you have to be invited to join the forum in the first place -
thus everyone's posts who are in the group would see their posts
immediately.