From:
"Carol S. White" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 2009 22:28:39 -0500
I, too have to add my sincere thanks for having this list!  I have made
many, many friends in all different parts of the country!  There has
been love, weddings, drama and tragedy all within this wonderful
community known as Hockey-L.  And plenty of college hockey talk and
information. Who has the worst ref in the country?! We all do!!!

Do you remember the Hockey-L buttons, T-shirts & sweatshirts?  What fun
that was!

I will never forget my first Phinal Phour in Albany, NY in 1992 where I
met my dear friend-for-life Garrett Lanzy. Roomed with the Sweeney
sisters, Pam and Lisa and hob-nobbed with the likes of George Gwozdecky,
Neil Koepke and Jon Barkan in the Media party room.  Among many others!
We also had the first Hockey-L dinner and took a group photo.

This is such a wonderful community that has spawned many lifelong
friendships and that is the really great benefit of Hockey-L.  I am
afraid of leaving someone out, so I won't be naming names.  Locally, and
far and wide... we can say "You know me from Hockey-L" and instantly,
sit down and enjoy a beverage and talk some hockey no matter which team
you are rooting for.  What a wonderful concept!

THANK YOU  Wayne and Mike and Keith and Bill.  And I'm really glad it's
still around.

Carol
GO Gophers!!!