From:
Bob Griebel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2009 21:15:14 -0500
On Dec. 3rd, Michigan State and North Carolina played a basketball game
at Ford Field that was probably a dress rehearsal for this season's
basketball Final Four at Ford Field (the quintessential "F4").  Son #1
attended and sat at ground level on chairs that had been placed on a
riser, behind the student section.  The basketball floor was raised and
all he could see were the player's heads.  He moved upstairs to the
cheap seats.

That was allegedly not the same layout they intend to use for the
tournament, but it was certainly a bust for the people with the most
expensive tickets.  I don't know what one can apply from that story when
trying to predict the optimum location to place one's butt to watch a
hockey game, which is surrounded by boards even higher than a basketball
court floor.  Aiming for rinkside may not be the best choice.

Bob Griebel