From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Mar 2008 13:51:11 -0400
Running this contest may cost me too much this year.  Despite my requests
for early submissions, by midnight Thursday I only had 24 entries.  On
Friday morning, I got email from my son (who lives near Providence,RI).  He
attended many RPI games with me as a child (that was when he was a child as
opposed to me) but he is neither the fanatic that I am nor does he follow
the game throughout the year.

Nevertheless, I asked if he wanted to enter the contest and sent him a copy
of the rules and entry form at 11AM Friday and he returned it filled in less
then 10 minutes later  (similar to the way he used to finish his homework).

Out of 31 contest entries,  only one picked both Notre Dame and Michigan
State: him.  Due to the strange outcomes of early round games, there are
really only 4 or 5 entrants still in the running and their later round picks
are different enough that there should be a clear cut winner.  Yup, he's one
of them!   Rather than put up with the humiliation, I'm thinking of telling
him that immediate family members are ineligible to win.  Think he'll buy
it???   Maybe I'll convince him that the winner has to buy dinner for
everyone at the Hockey-L dinner.