From:
Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 17:22:50 -0400
Hello Hockey-L subscribers,

A few pre-season comments ...

* Hockey3 was retired last month, after more than 13 years of service. Hopefully those few dozen posts that we distributed on Hockey3 last season will have counterparts and stir anewed interest on Hockey-L this season.

* I have invited Hockey3 members to subscribe to Hockey-L or just watch Hockey-L via the web at

      http://lists.maine.edu/archives/hockey-l.html

and reminded them that their Division II & III articles and discussion are most welcome on Hockey-L!

* It is my intent to adjust how Hockey-L posts are moderated.  At some point in the next few weeks, I will discard the current moderation-free list of addresses and revert to a scheme where (1) current subscribers will not require moderation, (2) new subscribers will be moderated for a short time, and (3) non-subscribers will be moderated and must also confirm their posts. The change basically simplifies my life, as well as limiting junk for Bill to moderate.  Please send any discussion of this change to Bill Fenwick ([log in to unmask]) and/or myself ([log in to unmask]), or post it to the "[log in to unmask]" meta list (after subscribing to that list).

* Today is the 16th anniversary of the College_Hockey mailing list (it became Hockey-L several months later).

* If you are state of the art and use RSS, we have an RSS feed of HOCKEY-L available at

      http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?RSS&L=HOCKEY-L

You'll need an RSS reader to view the feed ... Firefox, Bloglines, FeedDemon and Newsgator are a few of the many ways to organize and read RSS feeds.  For an introduction to RSS, please see

      http://www.pcworld.com/resource/printable/article/0,aid,116018,00.asp

cheers, wayne

Wayne T. Smith           Systems Group -- UNET Technology Services
[log in to unmask]            University of Maine System
The College Hockey lists - Hockey-L at http://lists.Maine.edu/