From:
Miller-Mackinnon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Apr 2005 12:29:00 -0400
The Men's Lacrosse tournament also makes money.  Last year 47,000 showed up
for the final.  Suprises me the women's tournament loses money even though
it adopted the "pod" system in the last two years and now moved its Phinal
Phours to domes.

We all know the Phrozen Phour will sell out via lottery a full year in
advance now that the "Anaheim" experiment

I trust that this thread will not turn into a "only hold the Phrozen Phour
in Boston, Milwaukee or St. Paul" thread.

The attraction of the City hosting the Phrozen Phour however does matter.  I
often look at things like ease of transport, public transportation, great
downtown arena with lots of bars/restaurants around, excellent things to do
on the off day.

We submitted Friday our bid for Washington, DC to host the Phrozen Phour in
2009.  I think we satisfy every one of those key elements of a great Phrozen
Phour.  I agree with others here that Milwaukee will buck the trend.
However, St. Louis looms in a couple of years.  Hopefully, their sports
commission will make sure the Cardinals play in town on the off days.

'til then. Carpe Diem.

Make it a Great Day.

--John.