From:
Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 11:37:02 -0500
I'm sure I'll love the hockey in Columbus, for we have four great teams
that should provide us a superior display of hustle, skill and systems,
if not real battles.

But gone are the cross-country rivalries, gone are the conference
rivalries and, except for the WCHA team fans, gone will be the "my
team/league is better than yours" fan.

You can see it on eBay, the USCHO.com ticket boards and here ... its far
and away a buyer's market this year, whereas it's almost always a
seller's market for the Frozen Four ticket.   But for the hockey, the
Columbus destination seems less enticing than a corn field in mud
season. Will no-shows affect future bids?  I don't know.  Will TV
ratings be affected?  I suspect so. Will the average fan learn more
about college hockey and the WCHA, or concentrate on the start of Major
League Baseball.  I strongly believe the latter.

Columbus bound, wayne