From:
"Rowe, Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 14:01:55 -0600
I live in Wisconsin (although not at Madison) so am perforce a WCHA fan.
However, I am not so sure that an all-WCHA final is such a good thing.
This is the year for showcasing college hockey - after all, we don't
have to compete with the pros this year.  Good TV coverage if you have a
cable or sattelite hookup for the Regionals.  Having teams from a wider
geographical area make it to the frozen four would be a better showcase,
IMO.  I don't know how many tickets are going to fans from the other
conferences, but I am sure they all wish they had at least one non-WCHA
team to cheer for.  Well, that's the breaks.  I do not propose changing
the system; I just don't think the outcome is the best one possible for
college hockey.

As to the EZAC, that intentional mispelling is childish taunting.  I
don't think Cornell, Colgate or Hahvad embarassed themselves this year -
do you?  In fact, the only team that embarassed their fans was the WCHA
Wisconsin team.  Forgot where the comment came from, but something about
standing around like deer in the headlights....  So lets stop dissing
other people's conferences and worry about rooting for our own.

Tom Rowe