From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 01:45:56 -0400
At 06:58 PM 8/9/04 -0400, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>       On a slow Monday, here's a trip down memory lane with a nostalgic
>revisiting of  many ECAC/HEA barns that either are no more, or are currently
>used for purposes other than ice hockey:
>
>CORNELL                                             Beebe Lake Rink

"Beebe Lake" was not really a rink; it was -- and is -- well, a lake.
Cornell's home games would be played on its frozen surface, usually (but
not always) with plywood boards set up.  Cornell did not have an indoor
rink until Lynah opened in 1958.

>QUINNIPIAC

Perhaps jumping the gun a bit here, as Q has not officially been accepted
into the ECAC yet.  I believe the ECAC is having a meeting later this
month, to hopefully finalize things (or, given the league's history, to
muck them up).
--
Bill Fenwick                                                 DJF   5/27/94
Cornell '86 and '95                                          JCF   12/2/97