From:
"S.J.Bongiorno" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
S.J.Bongiorno
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 2004 13:25:21 -0500
Just got back from Albany and enjoyed the hockey and the outcome of the
games. I"ll leave the hockey commentary to the rest of the group and
follow-up on the band thread. My summer time passion is Drum & Bugle Corps a
cousin of college bands [NEVER call a drum corp a band]. So I did enjoy the
battle between
OH & WI. I was surprised that both bands were walking all over each other. I
thought there was an unwritten rule that each band took turns. In the OH-WI
game it seemed to be mutually agreeable to step on each other. In last
nights game it seemed that Maine tried to be courteous but finally gave in
and tried to go head to head with WI. A battle which WI won. Even being a
Hockey East fan I have to give the edge to WI over the other two bands.
Overall I think OH was the better group. I am partial to percussion sections
and theirs was excellent, albeit sometimes overpowering [I was two sections
over]. WI won my loyalty though when they played "The Time Warp" from the
Rocky Horror Picture Show and "student/unofficial cheerleaders" do a very
respectful version of the Time Warp dance. The only complaint as Andy said,
it was difficult if not impossible to hear any announcements. Had to wait to
get back to the hotel and get scores off the ESPN crawl line. All in all a
fun trip to NY.

Bongi

UML
Go Hawks [Someday!!]