From:
Pamela Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pamela Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 13:38:30 -0500
... And to allow extra time in between games in case of every Hockey-l
Cruise Director's nightmare:  the afternoon semifinal going into multiple-OTs.
(Right, Carol?)
-Pam Sweeney
Go Gophers!!

"Hampton, Nathan E." writes:
> Actually the game time change was due to the strength and character of
Hockey-L members. There was never enough time to talk to everyone at the
Hockey-L dinner between the two games on Thursday, so due to our pleas for
more
time to get acquainted and to drink beer, the NCAA graciously moved the
first semifinal to an earlier time. A time to take advantage of happy hour
prices, I might add.

Nathan Hampton

> ----------

Buffalo
> will face-off at 12 Noon.
>
>     Aside from the difficulty in arriving in Buffalo (or any tourney
site)
> before noontime if you are travelling by plane from any distance, the
timing
> makes it virtually impossible to check into a hotel and still get to the
> arena with any time to spare.  Particularly in a new tournament city,
where
> the arena is a distance from the hotels (like Buffalo) and many, if not
> most, people will be somewhat unsure of the best route to take to get
there
> on foot or transit, the noon start time seems terribly misguided.
>
>     Having said all of the above, my guess is that the game schedule is,

as