From:
Bob Griebel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Griebel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 14:48:52 -0500
Garrett Lanzy wrote:

> So Bob.... since you've gone through all the trouble to compute this, I think
> we need to make a ceramic dalmation out of it.  Who is the current men's
> division 1 player living CLOSEST to this spot?  What does he weight?  And what
> name can we come up with for the "award" to give this guy???  (I think I'd vote
> for "Meanest Located Player" :-).

Garrett, that's even more meritorious than being the tenth person to call the radio
dj.  I first thought we'd commemorate each year's location with a little ceremony that
places a Hockey-L Geophysical Historic Plaque, ... till I saw where the hallowed
ground lies.  From that skinny peninsula, if Anchorage steps up their Czech recruiting
or a few guys from Edmonton have seconds on potatoes, the ceremony wades into Lake
Michigan or Green Bay (not the city).  Giving the nearest player a "Hokey Laker Award"
could be appropriate, . . . . might even fool NHL scouts.

I'd try conning the awarded player into performing the following year's onsite
ceremony (like if he flunked geography).  Of the finalists, the first two have to
cross Green Bay and the other three live across Lake Michigan.  The West Pointer
probably knows geography too well.  How about #2, ... someone already fooled him into
going to Michigan Tech . . .

Closest residences to Hockey-L Meanest Ground Zero:
       Name       Wt   Home             Distance  Team
1. Bobby Robins   202 Peshtigo, WI      29 miles  Mass-Lowell
2. Phil Pietila   185 Iron Mountain, MI 65 miles  Michigan Tech
3. Dustin Healey  175 Traverse City, MI 80 miles  Army
3. Josh Thompson  165 Traverse City, MI 80 miles  Bentley
3. Vinocur, Seth  180 Traverse City, MI 80 miles  Bentley

Bob Griebel