From:
Bob Griebel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Griebel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 02:14:14 -0500
John Edwards wrote:

> >Ohio State couldn't find anyone within 150 miles.
>
> Given OSU's location, this isn't terribly surprising. What I find interesting
> is that Colgate doesn't have anybody from within 122 miles.

Six of sixteen Ohio-bred players stayed instate (BG 3, Mia 2, Fin 1) and Colgate
only has 7 Americans, none from New York but one each from Pennsylvania and
Indiana.  The 122-miler and 15 of his teammates are from Ontario.

Here's the breakdown of all 1,629 players listed by USCHO, by home state,
province, or European country.  Note that California contributed more than either
North Dakota, Colorado, Ohio or Maine.

State        Count

ON            227
MN            207
MA            187
MI            126
AB            116
NY            106
BC            105
IL             54
SK             48
PA             46
CT             38
AK             31
MB             30
WI             25
QE             25
NH             24
NJ             21
CA             20
CO             18
OH             16
ND             15
RI             13
ME             11
MD             10
VT              9
WA              8
IN              7
Sweden          7
Czech Republic  7
MO              6
TX              6
Finland         6
Slovakia        5
GA              5
NS              5
NB              4
AZ              4
Austria         3
NE              3
VA              3
MT              3
OR              2
Latvia          2
France          2
Switzerland     2
AL              1
Ukraine         1
TN              1
Slovenia        1
NF              1
Russia          1
NV              1
FL              1
Norway          1
WV              1
Scotland        1

John, I finally found coordinates for 150 Mile House, 15 miles east of where I'd
put it, 13 miles east of Williams Lake and (wait for this) 40 miles northwest of
100 Mile House.

Bob Griebel