From:
"Rowe, Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rowe, Thomas
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 10:12:41 -0500
Or how about the Arizona Cardinals?

Actually, I can't understand why, when a team moves from an area, they carry the old team name along with them.  They should do like the old Houston Oilers did when they became the Tennessee Titans.  At least the Dallas Stars didn't stay the Dallas North Stars.

But none of this has anything to do with College Hockey - unless, of course, we want to reopen that can of worms about offensive school nicknames, like the "Fighting Sioux?"

Tom Rowe                            UWSP dept of Psych
Home of Division III National Champion Pointers
89, 90, 91 & 93 and National Runners-up 92 & 98