From:
"Sara M. Fagan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sara M. Fagan
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 21:54:46 -0400
For a Saints fan this was difficult to listen to,  Michigan Tech fans
must have been in heaven.  The Saints' home opener was a 7-1 loss to
Michigan Tech.  Both teams seem to have quite a few power play
opportunities including a 5 min. power play for the Saints in the third
period.  Michigan Tech was 2 for 6 on the power play and the Saints were
1 for 6.

The two teams meet again tomorrow night at Appleton.

UVM and BU just played to a 1-1 tie. Apparently it was an outstanding
goaltending performance my UVM's Conschafter.  (I only caught the end of
the overtime.)

First Period:
MTU - Wilson from Conner - SH
17:57 - MTU - Conner from Brown and Perez
Saves:
SLU - Ackleya - 10
MTU -Ellsworth -9
First period was cut short at 18:32 to repair the glass.  The final 1:28
ws played immediately before the second period.

Second Period:
4:09 - MTU -Perez from Wilson and Schwartz
9:36 - SLU - Anderson from Loorentz and Clarance - PP
12:16 - MTU Engelhardt from Pittis and Perez - PP
15:03 - MTU -Engelhardt from Murphy and Perez PP
Saves:
SLU - Ackley - 13
MTU - Ellsworth - 6

Third Period:
0:25 -MTU - Murphy from Sullivan and Engelhardt
11:39 - MTU - Toneys from Murphy and Pittis
Saves:
SLU - McKenna - 8
        - Knaub in at 8:21 - 3
MTU - Ellsworth -13