From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne T. Smith
Date:
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 02:24:35 EDT
Bob wrote, in part..
>Sorry for the double post. The first time I sent the message, I was notified

I don't think the 2nd post was distributed.

>that it was rejected (see below to follow the track) As can be seen, I did
>not send it to INFO-Hockey-L - why I was notified that I did, I don't know.
>Perhaps someone can explain why/how this happened.

It happened because of a problem we (I) have been trying to solve for
several months now.  It's a "bounce message", or rather the result of a
bounce message.  Some or all Hockey-L posters have been receiving these
on some or all recent Hockey-L posts.  I *think* I found the "culprit"
last week, but haven't made successful contact as yet.  But if I'm
right, just now I made an adjustment to Hockey-L that should rid us (the
posters to Hockey-L) of those messages.  (So part of my purpose of
writing this is to see if the problem is indeed corrected now).

So, thanks for writing for Hockey-L, Bob!  I hope more subscribers will
start discussing the games now starting and the hockey issues we're
discussing.    cheers, wayne

Wayne T. Smith           Systems Group -- UNET Technology Services
[log in to unmask]            University of Maine System
The College Hockey lists - Hockey-L & Hockey3 at http://lists.Maine.edu/